General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
The current Data Protection act 1998 will be replaced with the new European Union’s General Data Protection.
Regulations (GDPR) on 25th May 2018.
In order to comply with these new regulations, we are legally obliged to inform you that as part of providing a service to you, Cherry Tree Vets needs to store information provided by you, whether by website or non-website.
The type of information held by us is as follows:
- Customer names and addresses.
- Telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) & email addresses
- Accounts contact name and email address
- Full bank details for payments
- Invoice activity
- Company Registration Numbers
- Trading Address and/or Delivery Address including postcode
The information that we hold is purely to maintain our records for communication with you or your business. Cherry Tree Vets will only share data with third parties as part of completing a service, for example to a courier company to enable any order of medical samples to be despatched or in order to release customer history for patient referrals as required. Cherry Tree Vets will not sell, lease or distribute your personal data to third parties unless we have your permission, or are required by law to do so.
Emails are stored no longer than is necessary to answer your enquiry, provide a quote or service as requested by yourself and in order to send you our newsletter.
We will continue to contact you via the following methods:
Cherry Tree Vets is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Cherry Tree Vets may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name & address
- contact information including email address
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com . We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.