- Cherry Tree Vets are totally committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the data protection legislation in the UK.
The purpose of this statement is to explain to you what personal information we collect and how we may use it.
- When you order, we need to know your name, address, email address and card details. This allows us to process and fulfil your order. You have the option to withhold personal information that is not required for the order process.
- We use your personal information to fulfil your order for products or services and also to contact you about special offers and new products, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. We may use your personal information to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, where we choose to do so, or to notify you about changes to our service.
We will only contact you with your consent. We will give you the opportunity to decline any marketing email from us. We will only contact you by electronic means if you have consented to this.
- We do not sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party for commercial reasons, beyond the essential requirement for credit/debit card validation during purchase and to comply with any legal obligations associated with prescription only veterinary medicines as set out by the Veterinary Medicines Regulations 2005 and The Veterinary Medicines Directorate.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries as defined in s736 of the UK Companies Act 1985. We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access in accordance with the UK data protection legislation.
We do not collect sensitive information about you except when you specifically knowingly provide it. In order to maintain the accuracy of our database, you can check, update or remove your personal details by emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In order to process credit/debit card transactions, the bank or card processing agency may require to verify your personal details for authorisation outside the EEA (European Economic Area). Your information will not be transferred outside the EEA for any other purpose.
- If you have any questions about privacy please contact us at email@example.com
- We may provide links to other sites operated by third parties. We are not responsible for the content or privacy policies of these sites.
- We us standard SSL encryption to protect data during transmission to our payment gateway.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to protect unauthorised access.
- The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access requested may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.